Reports to: Yavapai Family Advocacy Center Director
FSLA Classification: Nonexempt, Part-Time, Hourly
This is an after-hours, on-call position, which requires the candidate to be available to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
Job Summary: The On-Call Forensic Interviewer is responsible for conducting developmentally, culturally appropriate, and legally defensible forensic interviews of children and adults who have been referred to the Yavapai Family Advocacy Center (YFAC). Reported incidents include, but are not limited to, sexual abuse, domestic violence, physical abuse/neglect, witnesses to violent crimes and sex trafficking. The position is also responsible for carrying out the purposes, policies and programs of the organization as determined by the Board of Directors.
- Bachelor’s degree is strongly preferred, or,
- Five years of experience working with children and families where violence has been an identified issue, or working in the field of children’s services or child maltreatment crimes
- Completion of 40 hours of research based nationally recognized forensic interviewing course previously or upon hire.
Essential Job Functions:
- Conduct on-site digitally recorded, legally sound, neutral interviews of suspected child and adult victims, following a research based protocol, including Arizona Advanced Forensic Interview Training and the Yavapai County Child Abuse Investigation Protocols.
- Complete summary report of interview and distribute to appropriate MDT members.
- Attend/testify Court proceedings as requested/subpoenaed.
- Update internal data base as required.
- Attend initial and on-going training and stay abreast of emerging issues in forensic interviewing.
- Implement and maintain all policies and procedures as determined by the Board, including NCA standards.
Special Requirements and Skills:
- Satisfactory result from a criminal background check and the issuance of the appropriate fingerprint clearance card.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Ability to function harmoniously in a busy work place as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Acknowledge and adhere to the confidentiality policy and procedures and must adhere strictly to the highest professional ethics, confidentiality, discretion, and judgment.
- Excellent verbal and nonverbal skills to communicate with children, families, staff, interns, volunteers, multidisciplinary team members, and the public.
- Understanding of child development ages birth to 18 years.
- Understanding of complex family dynamics in child abuse.
- Availability to work on-call nights, evenings, weekends, and holidays if necessary.
- Ability to work effectively in crisis situations.
- Ability to communicate effectively in court.
- Ability and willingness to work as a team member with colleagues and MDT members.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Requires repetitive movement.
- Requires sitting.
- Requires face-to-face discussions with individuals or teams.
- Requires writing letters and memos
- Requires contact with others (fact-to-face, by telephone, or otherwise).
- Requires use of electronic mail.
- Requires telephone conversations.
- Includes conflict situations.
- Requires dealing with unpleasant, angry, or discourteous people.
- Impact of decisions are that mistakes are not easily correctable and have serious consequences.
- Requires being exact or highly accurate.
- Requires meeting strict deadlines.
- Requires work with external customers or public.
- Requires work with others in a group or team.
- Requires coordinating or leading others in accomplishing work activities.
- Requires working indoors in environmentally controlled conditions.
- Job tasks are performed in close physical proximity to other people.
- Ability to lift up to 15 pounds.
To apply: Click here to download an Employment Application Form, and email the completed form with a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submissions without a cover letter, resume and application form will not be considered.