Job Summary: The Yavapai Family Advocacy Center (YFAC) Front Desk Receptionist is responsible for answering and routing phone calls, greeting visitors, supervising children, and various clerical tasks. The Front Desk Receptionist also serves as the Volunteer Coordinator for YFAC.
Essential Job Functions:
Receptionist/Advocate Support (50%)
- Use a multiline phone system to answer and route calls to the appropriate staff member.
- Greet visitors and offer comfort items.
- Provide childcare for clients attending support groups, advocate sessions, etc.
- Ensure an adequate amount of intake and educational documents are available at all times.
- Track inventory of office and general supplies.
Volunteer Coordinator (50%)
- Recruit new volunteers through community outreach, social media, etc.
- Train volunteers on YFAC volunteer duties
- Maintain data base of volunteer information and availability, including scheduling volunteer shifts
- Keep volunteers informed and convey the organizations purpose to the public.
- Coordinate and provide volunteer support and recognition
- Adhere to Prevent Child Abuse Arizona (PCAAZ) and YFAC policies/procedures.
Other Job Functions:
- Cooperatively works with other team members and multi-disciplinary team members.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience Qualifications:
- Must be able to successfully receive a fingerprint clearance card.
- Excellent written, oral, and nonverbal communication skills are required.
- Training or experience working with a wide variety of individuals (including but not limited to) from various communities with distinct cultural needs, the physically or mentally disabled, those with addictions, family dynamics, child development birth to 18 years, and homeless individuals.
- Must demonstrate a commitment to the mission of PCA and YFAC.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products, computer skills, and operation of standard office equipment.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
- Approximately 80% of worktime is spent at a desk in the YFAC office using a computer and telephone; the remainder of the time is spent moving about the office to complete duties.
- The employee must be able to ambulate around the office, center grounds, etc. either on their feet or with an assistive device.
- Offices are temperature-controlled environments.
- The employee must be able to effectively communicate orally and written with others in-person, by phone and through electronic devices.
- Duties include lifting items that typically do not weigh more than 10 pounds.
Reports to: Advocate Supervisor and Director of Yavapai Family Advocacy Center
Status: Part-time, hourly (20hr per week)
Salary range: $15.00 – $16.00 hour DOE. Limited benefits.
To apply: Click here to download an Employment Application Form, and email the completed form with a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submissions without a cover letter, resume and application form will not be considered.