The Yavapai Family Advocacy Center (YFAC) is responsible for providing overall administrative support to the YFAC Director and staff.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide support to all staff and allied professionals for client intake, forensic interviews, SANE exams and/or mental health sessions.
- Serve as primary data manager to include the management client database.
- Compile statistics and reports for grant reporting on monthly, quarterly and yearly basis.
- Design and distribute quarterly newsletter.
- Serve as backup Forensic Interviewer (after training completed), including being part of after hours on call rotation.
- Assist with new hire paperwork.
- Coordinator building/facility/grounds repairs and maintenance.
- Assist with tracking of inventory of office and general supplies.
- Adhere to Prevent Child Abuse Arizona (PCA) and YFAC policies/procedures.
- Serve as the Multi-Disciplinary Team Case Review Coordinator
- Track all cases referred to YFAC
- Coordinate with Director and Advocate Supervisor to determine which cases are appropriate for review
- Create and send invite for bi-weekly case review meetings
- Coordinate with law enforcement, DCS and County Attorney to ensure all needed information is gathered and ready for presentation at case review
- Schedule additional MDT meetings as requested by Director
Other Job Functions:
- Cooperatively works with other team members and multi-disciplinary team members.
- Support and participate in all fundraising efforts.
- Maintains staff and client confidentiality.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience Qualifications:
- Must be able to successfully receive a fingerprint clearance card.
- Minimum of 2 years higher education and/or work experience in office administration, client support, victim services required.
- Excellent written, oral, and nonverbal communication skills are required.
- Training or experience working with a wide variety of individuals (including but not limited to) from various communities with distinct cultural needs, the physically or mentally disabled, those with addictions, family dynamics, child development birth to 18 years, and homeless individuals.
- Highly organized with the ability to complete projects with limited supervision.
- Past experience in social services preferred.
- Must demonstrate a commitment to the mission of PCA and YFAC.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products, computer skills, and operation of standard office equipment.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
- Approximately 80% of worktime is spent at a desk in the YFAC office using a computer and telephone; the remainder of the time is spent moving about the office to complete duties.
- The employee must be able to ambulate around the office, company grounds, etc. either on their feet or with an assistive device.
- Offices are temperature-controlled environments.
- The employee must be able to effectively communicate orally and written with others in-person, by phone and through electronic devices.
- Duties include lifting items that typically do not weigh more than 10 pounds.
- Must be able to work flexible hours which include weeknights and weekends.
Reports to: Director of Yavapai Family Advocacy Center
Status: Full time, hourly
Salary range: $16.00 – $17.00 hour DOE. Benefited position.
To apply: Click here to download an Employment Application Form, and email the completed form with a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Submissions without a cover letter, resume and application form will not be considered.