Who does it reach?
The Yavapai Family Advocacy Center (YFAC) is located in Prescott Valley, Arizona. At YFAC, victims of child abuse/neglect, sexual assault/molestation, as well as adult victims of sexual assault, domestic violence, and stalking are provided with victim-centered services by professionals who provide a coordinated, trauma-informed response based on the victim’s needs.
Since October of 2000, YFAC has coordinated the multi-disciplinary response to violence against children throughout Yavapai County in accordance with the Yavapai County Child Abuse Investigation Protocols. YFAC ensures a thorough investigation and enhances prosecution through collaboration with law enforcement, the Department of Child Safety (DCS), victim advocates, medical and mental health professionals, and prosecutors. Victim advocates and mental health professionals provide direct services and community referrals to victims to assist in their healing process. YFAC is accredited as a Child Advocacy Center through the National Children’s Alliance since 2001. Current services include:
- Multidisciplinary Team Case Review and Case Tracking – YFAC provides bi-weekly facilitation and collaboration on a multidisciplinary response team that conducts comprehensive reviews of current and ongoing cases.
- Victim Advocacy – Victim advocates provide crisis intervention in a victim-centered setting (child and adult), including referrals to community agencies for housing, employment, medical services, financial stability, victim compensation, personal/legal advocacy, court accompaniment, assistance with Orders of Protection, and assisting with the enrollment in the address confidentiality program. Advocates also facilitate support groups in both English and Spanish.
- On-Call Sexual Assault Nurse Examiners – Specialized Nurse Practitioners are contracted to provide Medical Forensic Exams on victims of abuse or neglect, domestic violence, and sexual assault. Upon receiving a call requesting an exam, YFAC’s contracted SANEs can arrive at the center within 60 minutes. YFAC is the only location in Yavapai County that can provide this service to victims.
- Forensic Interview Services – YFAC provides a forensic interviewer and forensic interview rooms that offer audiovisual, digital recordings, and interview monitoring to gather forensic evidence.
- Immediate access – DCS, law enforcement, mental health professionals, medical practitioners, and prosecutors are allowed security access to YFAC at any time with the assistance of YFAC’s on-call professionals.
Visit YFAC’s Facebook Page:
Find out more about this program.
Learn more about YFAC’s annual event