The 7th Annual ACEs Summit & 26th Child Abuse Prevention Conference is almost here, and we’re so happy you’re a part of it!
The conference/summit will take place December 15-17, 2020, via Whova, and sessions will be held in Zoom. We recommend using a combination of platforms. The mobile app is best for maximizing connections and interactions, while viewing speakers and workshops is more impactful on a computer due to screen size.
Before the conference:
- Please visit Whova by downloading the app using the App Store or Google Play, or log on via computer by following this link: https://whova.com/portal/webapp/scapc_202012/ – please note the Chrome browser is recommended.
- Sign in using the email you registered with.
- Once you’ve signed in to Whova, you can check out the profiles of speakers and fellow attendees, and create your own. You can view the conference agenda and create your personal agenda.
- If you don’t have the Zoom application, please download it in advance as well.
For more information on using Whova, please visit https://whova.com/resources/how-to-guide/user-tutorial/ or view the Whova FAQ at https://whova.com/pages/whova-app-user-guide/.
A more detailed tutorial highlighting some of Whova’s fun features is at https://www.youtube.com/embed/flcItoKTsf4
The day of the conference:
Sign in to Whova. The sessions will be listed in the agenda tab. To join a session, click on it in the agenda tab. The session will have a Zoom link for you to click on to join the session. When the session is over, go back to Whova and visit exhibitors and sponsors, hang out in discussion rooms, and join your next session!
Throughout the conference, there will be lots of networking opportunities and activities. On our discussion boards, you can talk about anything with other conference attendees – from child welfare issues to favorite movies to posting a pic of your dog or cat (you can start topics too!). Make sure to visit our exhibitors and sponsors. When you visit exhibitors, participate in the Passport system for your chance to win prizes. And be sure to grab a beverage and compete for cool prizes on Trivia Night Wednesday!
If you have any issues or questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Staff will respond as quickly as possible.
– Prevent Child Abuse Arizona and the Arizona ACEs Consortium