Join us in making prevention a priority.
By speaking up and taking action, we can create a movement that will ensure safe, happy and healthy childhoods for all of Arizona’s children.
Being an advocate gives you the opportunity to encourage the public and policy-makers to prioritize and act on issues that benefit children and families.
To support our work, learn about the importance of prevention. Our recent Lean On Me AZ campaign provides language you can share with your network.
In all that we do, we collaborate so that we may identify shared goals that benefit Arizona children’s and families. Check out our programs and see where you may contribute.
Everyday Actions that Prevent Child Abuse:
Anything you do to support kids and parents can help reduce the stress that often leads to abuse and neglect.
- Be a friend to a parent you know. Ask how their children are doing. Draw on your own experiences to provide reassurance and support. If a parent seems to be struggling, offer to babysit or run errands, or just lend a friendly ear. Show you understand.
- Be a friend to a child you know. Remember their names. Smile when you talk with them. Ask them about their day at school. Send them a card in the mail. Show you care.
- Talk to your neighbors about looking out for one another’s children. Encourage a supportive spirit among parents in your apartment building or on your block. Show that you are involved.
- Give your used clothing, furniture and toys for use by another family. This can help relieve the stress of financial burdens that parents sometimes take out on their kids.
- Volunteer your time and money for programs in your community that support children and families, like parent support groups or daycare centers.
Sign up for our email list
You will receive occasional information about trainings, events, and advocacy updates.