From time to time, Prevent Child Abuse Arizona has job opportunities open to join our Statewide Headquarters team or to staff one of our projects. If there are any open positions, you will find them listed below.
Job Title: Training Director
Reports to: Executive Director
FSLA Classification: Exempt, Full Time, Salary
Job Summary: This position successfully coordinates and produces professional development opportunities statewide that adhere to the mission of Prevent Child Abuse Arizona: to prevent child maltreatment before if happens, and help those who have experienced trauma build resilience to its effects. Events include the annual Child Abuse Prevention Conference, quarterly Advanced Forensic Interview Trainings, and other event contracts received from state agencies. Duties include building and maintaining relationships with clients and vendors, negotiating and managing site contracts, coordinating training contract proposals, assisting with the development of a scope of work for each event, managing budgets, managing on-site logistics, facilitating meetings, and project management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- Strong event planning experience; proven demonstration of successful execution of mission-driven events
- Strong community relations and client services skills; ability to work with people of diverse personalities and backgrounds
- Experience administering contracts and grants
- Experience managing budgets
- Knowledge of Arizona’s child welfare and family service systems
Essential Job Functions:
- Plan and coordinate statewide trainings and conferences per contract or grant specifications. Events include annual Statewide Child Abuse Prevention Conference, quarterly Advanced Forensic Interview Trainings, and other mission-aligned event contracts acquired
- Coordinate response to opportunities to bid on training contracts or grants
- Develop a scope of work and quote for each contract or grant
- Execute deliverables of training contracts and grants in accordance with scope of work and within budget
- Negotiate and administer site contracts assuming responsibility for accurate banquet event orders
- Work directly with client on program content, site selection, and menus
- Plan all logistical details including but not limited to communications, registration, room set-up, audio visual, security, translation, transportation, housing, food and beverage, and management of volunteers
- Negotiate and manage contracts for presenters and speakers to deliver training content
- Organize and support presenters and speakers with all travel and logistical details
- Maintain strong internal and external communications with all event stakeholders
- Coordinate development and distribution of error-free communications and branding materials (e.g. save the date announcements, invitations, programs, signage, and registration websites) for all audiences
- Support other PCA Arizona projects and special events as directed
- Other duties as assigned
Special Requirements and Skills:
- Passion for the mission of Prevent Child Abuse Arizona
- Self-driven; proficiency to operate independently with minimal direction
- Computer literacy and demonstrated familiarity with MS Office software, Constant Contact and social media tools
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Ability to coordinate activities using both volunteers and staff
- Proficiency in problem solving and time management skills managing multiple deadlines simultaneously
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Alignment with Prevent Child Abuse Arizona’s relationship-driven team culture of trust, integrity, authenticity and commitment to well-being
- Willingness to travel to Prevent Child Abuse Arizona headquarters in Prescott Valley, AZ at least once per week.
- Other in-state travel is required (25-40%)
- Satisfactory result from a criminal background check and the issuance of the appropriate fingerprint clearance card.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Requires use of electronic mail
- Requires telephone conversations
- Requires sitting
- Requires coordinating or leading others in accomplishing work activities
- Requires face-to-face discussions with individuals or teams
- Requires work with others in a group or team
- Requires work with external customers or public
- Requires repetitive movement
- Includes conflict situations
- Requires dealing with unpleasant, angry, or discourteous people
- Requires strong decision-making skills
- Requires being exact or highly accurate
- Requires meeting strict deadlines
- Requires working indoors in environmentally controlled conditions
- Requires travel to the Prevent Child Abuse Arizona headquarters in Prescott Valley, AZ approximately once per week. The remainder of the work week will be done from a shared workspace in Phoenix and by telecommuting from home
- Job tasks are performed in close physical proximity to other people
- Ability to lift up to 15 pounds
None currently. There is a possibility of supervisory responsibility if additional training staff are hired.
Salary/Compensation: The salary range for this position is $48,000 – $54,000, depending on experience. Prevent Child Abuse Arizona offers a competitive benefits package, including 15 paid days off, 10 paid holidays, and 5 days of sick leave per year.
To apply: Please send a résumé, cover letter and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business on Monday, December 23.