The 2021 Statewide Child Abuse Prevention Conference will take place July 12-14 virtually via Whova, and sessions will be held in Zoom. You can access Whova by computer or mobile device (tablet or phone).
Please read the instructions below carefully to ensure you get the most out of the conference!
Before the conference:
- Please visit Whova by downloading the app using the App Store or Google Play, or log on via computer by following this link: https://whova.com/portal/webapp/capc_202107 – please note the Chrome browser is recommended.
- Sign in using the email with which you registered for the conference.
- Once you’ve signed in to Whova, you can check out the profiles of speakers and fellow attendees, and create your own!
- Select “Agenda” to view the keynotes, workshops, movie screening and social events. Click “Add to My Agenda” to create a personalized agenda. A pop-up window will allow you to add each session to your Google, Outlook, or Apple calendar.
If you don’t have the Zoom application, please download it in advance.
For more information on using Whova, please visit https://whova.com/resources/how-to-guide/user-tutorial/
A more detailed tutorial highlighting some of Whova’s fun features is at https://www.youtube.com/embed/flcItoKTsf4/
The day of the conference:
- Sign in to Whova and select the Agenda tab. To join a session, click on its “View Session” or “Join Livestream” link.
- When the session is over, click on “Community” to see what everyone’s talking about or start your own topic on the discussion board; select “Exhibitors” and explore our sponsors’ resources and information; and then go back to the agenda to join your next session!
- At the end of each day, you will receive a link to a survey about the sessions you attended. Please complete each survey in order to be eligible to win prizes, and to obtain your Certificate of Attendance.
After the conference:
- Registrants will be able to view recordings of all the workshops and keynotes through August 15, 2021! They will be accessed in the same way as the live sessions; the “Join Livestream” link will be renamed “Watch Recording” or “Recorded Video.”
- Certificates of Attendance will be sent Friday, July 16 by email to attendees who complete each day’s survey.
If Whova says your email is not in their system, it could be because you used Whova in the past with a different email. If that’s not the case, there may have been a typo in your email when entered during registration. If you have your registration confirmation, please check the email listed. Email email@example.com to make any needed corrections or to obtain an access code.
If you have any issues or questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.