Prevent Child Abuse Arizona invites workshop proposals for our 27th Statewide Child Abuse Prevention Conference, which will be held virtually July 13-14, 2021. The event will bring together 600-plus child welfare professionals from a variety of sectors, including family/human service, government, nonprofits, law enforcement, healthcare, and early education.
We welcome proposals from dynamic speakers for engaging workshops that will expand participants’ knowledge of effective approaches to preventing and addressing child maltreatment. Our theme this year is Cultivating Trust, and we are particularly interested in receiving proposals that fit within the following topic areas:
- Teaching relationship and resilience skills
- Cultivating trust in family, personal, and/or professional relationships
- Strengthening supports for families
- Normalizing help-seeking behavior
- Creating trust between parents and child welfare service providers
- Engaging rural populations
- Honoring family culture
- Creating communities that help families thrive
- Ensuring a strong start for children
- Promoting social norms that protect against violence
- Promoting diversity, equity and inclusion
- Working with youth
- Workshops are 60 minutes.
- Speakers are strongly encouraged to include audience participation in their workshops and provide hands-on, practical applications of the materials.
- Speakers may not sell products or services during their workshops.
To submit a workshop proposal, please download this form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, March 12, 2021.