Prevent Child Abuse Arizona is proud to endorse or participate in the following activities for April, Child Abuse Prevention Month!
– March 18, 2014 – All Arizona Legislators and Prevent Child Abuse Arizona Board of Directors were mailed Pinwheel lapel pins on card with information about April Child Abuse Prevention Month.
– March 20, 2014 – KAET Eight Horizon taping for “Ask an Expert” segment to air April 21 with call-in volunteers. Horizon panelists include Cordelia Anderson, Sensibilities Consulting, Minneapolis; Rob Bell, Maricopa Children’s Justice Coordinator, Childhelp; Becky Ruffner, Prevent Child Abuse Arizona.
– March 21, 2014– Pinwheels provided for luncheon attended by 150 at Sheraton Phoenix, on “Hypersexualization of Children in the Media,” co-sponsored by Phoenix Children’s Hospital and PCA Arizona.
– March 26, 2014 – Article on front page of Prescott Daily Courier “Group Uses Twitter to Help Prevent Child Abuse” about RPC members meeting to write prevention Tweets for April.
– April 1 – 30, 2014 – Daily prevention blog posts and tweets of throughout April. Visit our Facebook and Twitter pages to see tips!
– April 1, 2014 – April Child Abuse Prevention (CAP) Month Kickoff, Prescott Valley Civic Center, pinwheel garden of 2700 pinwheels, represents all children under age five in Prescott Valley. CAP Month Proclamation to be read by Mayor Harvey Skoog; brief remarks by Chief of Police Bryan Jarrell, Becky Ruffner, PCA Arizona. More information.
– April 1, 2014 – Pinwheels planted at statewide headquarters of PCA Arizona, Prescott Valley.
– April 5, 2014 – The Children’s March on Child Abuse, The Phoenix Zoo, by Phoenix Children’s Hospital, Trauma Department. PCA Arizona will have an information table and will be handing out pinwheels.
– April 13, 2014 – Children’s March, Tucson Reid Park, Becky Ruffner speaker.
– April 25, 2014 – Arizona Adverse Child Experiences (ACE) and Protective Factors training at PCA Arizona Malouff Community Room.
– April 25-27,2014 – PCA Arizona will have a booth at the Whiskey Row Off Road Mountain Bike Race to hand out prevention literature and pinwheels to the approximate 8,000 in attendance at that event in downtown Prescott, AZ
– April 30 – May 2, 2014 – National Conference on Child Abuse and Neglect, New Orleans.