Our Future - A Family Support Campus.
Phase I Project Plan: Prevent Child Abuse Arizona Headquarters
A Family Support Campus
The first partner on our Family Support Campus is the new home of the Arizona Department of Economic Security.
Subsequent construction phases will provide 30,000 additional square feet of leased office spaces for child and family services to partner organizations and agencies on the completed campus, hosting a comprehensive array of services in support of healthy children and young families.
Project History and Timeline
- 1999: To address community needs, Prevent Child Abuse Arizona leases the former town hall and library buildings and surrounding vacant land from the Town of Prescott Valley.
- 2000: PCA Arizona opens the Yavapai Family Advocacy Center in the former library building, partnering with 13 local law enforcement agencies to provide a coordinated response for victims of family violence in Yavapai County.
- 2006: PCA Arizona begins active planning for a Family Support Center complex on the leased property; applies for required zoning change.
- 2007: Site and architectural planning is finalized; zoning change is approved.
- September 12, 2008: PCA Arizona’s Ground Breaking Event launched our Gaining Ground to Prevent Child Abuse Capital Campaign. Phase I construction is set to begin in the fall.
- July 2009: Phase I construction continues.